Thursday, January 8, 2009

1/8/09

So lovely. After the jerks and pullups the other day, my right shoulder hurt incredibly bad. So I have been on a pretty regular routine of ice and pain killers. It was getting worse while I was at work, so I had my boss look at it. (Perks of working at a physical therapy clinic) He told me that there is a good chance I have a torn labrum, which is the cartilage in the shoulder. The plan of attack now is to go at my tolerance level, which we all know is pretty low, for about 2 more weeks. If it's still bothering me in 2 weeks, I need to go get an MRI. But until then, I am supposed to add a whole lot more band work into my daily routine to strengthen my rotator cuff muscles. Woot.

So shit. I was really excited about training, and zoning, and not drinking. If I can't train anymore, though, I feel like it's all shot to shit. I took yesterday and will probably take off till Friday. Saturday should be fun. I am just keeping my fingers crossed at this point, that it's not anything that serious and I can just get back in the gym like nothing happened. Here's hoping.

As for the Zone, I am officially through 3 days and into my 4th. It's so much easier this time around. However, yesterday I wanted Cheesecake Factory cheesecake so damn badly. Luckily, I was too lazy to get off my butt and go get it. The not drinking is a little harder because so many people want to take ZachR and I out for celebratory drinks. Which is lovely, but hard to resist drinking when they are free...as long as I have something to shoot for, I'll be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment