Sunday, January 11, 2009

1/11/09

ZachR box jumpin in Milwuakee

Today, we had a meeting with the people, 20 roughly, who are going to make the trek to the qualifiers. It was fun to get (most of) us in a room and just chat about planning and where we are all headed. The group is pretty solid. I enjoy the people we are going. It should be a whole lot of fun and I am getting more and more excited with each day. The more I think about it, the bus ride there and back will probably be the most fun road trip ever. At least it has the potential to be.



The workouts leading up to it, however, will not be as much fun. We will be doing main site WOD's starting tomorrow. It's scary and exciting. I will have to do plenty of scaling at the beginning but am looking forward to a few months from now. It will definitely put my ego (what little I have) in check. With my shoulder slightly out of commission for a while, I will be doing what I can but not pushing too far. I want to make sure it's in peak condition in May in the off chance I'll actually be going.



Today was a rest day again for the qualifiers crew, but I needed to make up a few workouts from this week. I ended up doing hang power cleans and a quick metcon. The metcon didn't look that bad and got the surname "Whooping Cough" because of what it did to your lungs. I thought people were crazy. It didn't look that bad. I was wrong. It took everything out of me, and I didn't even do full burpees. This should be an interesting few months. I was pretty pleased with my cleans though. For a bum-ish shoulder, I thought it was going to be way worse. Each day, my body will be a little different. I need to start accepting that and figuring it into my times and weights. I could have gone harder. I hate that feeling.
As for the Zone, I apparently took the weekend off. Whoops. Monday starts a new day and I'll be ready to go for a month. I might change my no drinking...I know. After only 5 days, I caved. I can't say no to Patron margaritas. So delicious. Either way, I will only drink 1 day a week. Still, that's better than it has been lately. No worries. All will be well. :)



Hang Power Clean:

5-4-3-2-2-1-1-1

I finished @ 120#.



21-15-9 of Box Jumps, No PushUp Burpees, and 16# Ball Slams

5:20 with a break to tie my pants so they would stop falling down.

No comments:

Post a Comment