Saturday, January 10, 2009

1/10/09


YAY! I got back into the gym today. I felt like such a pile each day not coming in. Wednesday, I had woken up to get in at 6am, but couldn't put a sports bra on so decided not to go in. Thursday, I was just lazy. Friday I worked 7-7 so all workout times were out. Regardless, I got in today. Granted, it was a rest day for the people who are training, but since I missed 3 strength days, I don't get another day off for a while. yay.

Today was fun. I just like being in the gym. It's become a safe haven for me. It is a place where I don't have to think about anything. It's marvelous. Since I am not 100% confident in my shoulder again yet, I decided to just do 3 rep dead lifts. I tried to stay in a corner of the gym to not attract attention to myself. It's stupid, but I don't like people watching me when I am lifting. Obviously, it's something I will have to get over. It's a mental block. I have a lot of those. Either way, I did dead lifts and felt pretty good about them until I finished. I feel like I should be able to do so much more weight in DL, but I just can't. I don't get it. My 1RM is only 220, so I have no where but up to go. I attempted 203; it tweaked my back on 1 rep and I don't want to have another reason to not work out, so I just called it.

As for the Zone, I took a day off yesterday but am back on the bandwagon for now. We are going out to dinner tonight and to a hockey game, so I don't know how long it will last. It's easier to take a cheat day this time around, knowing how easy it is to get back to it. I think it's necessary to allow yourself little indulgences every once and a while. If not, it's no fun.


3 RM Dead Lift:

3x 198# (bullshit)

No comments:

Post a Comment