Tuesday, January 6, 2009

1/6/09

Holy Moly. Today KILLED me. It started out poorly which usually means I am going to hate the rest of my day. I couldn't get my ass outta bed for the 6am class (which I love) which usually puts me in a bad mood the rest of the day. Then, I woke up late for my physical therapy appointment for my shoulder and didn't get to go to that. Luckily, I work in the clinic, so I can go in basically any time. :) The thought of breakfast this morning, just sounded awful. I couldn't wrap my head around the thought of food. Finally, after 2 hours of being awake, I made my Zone approved breakfast. Rough morning.
The Zone has been going well though. It has only been 2 days, and I already have eaten out once. Crap. It was ok though. I got chicken and asparagus with minimal rice and have most of it left for lunch tomorrow minus the rice. I haven't had a cocktail either, which is harder than usual when I go out to dinner with my daddy.
So I decided to go in at noon for the WOD. The CFO site was a rest day, but since we are training, I did split jerks 2 rep max then pullups. During the workout, it felt good. I was excited about the weight I was throwing around. Addi helped me get over my fear of throwing up yellows. I beat my sister, which I always love to do although it doesn't happen often. After the jerks I did pullups. I was supposed to do weighted but I am a weinie. I did a few rounds of 3 reps with a little band and then was told if I can do them strict, that's what I should be doing with just more breaks. Great advice. I ended up doing 4 sets of single pullups then finally got up to 5#. Not much, but for me it was a big deal. I was pretty excited. However, on the way home, my R shoulder started KILLING. It hurt so bad. It hasn't stopped hurting. I don't know what to do. It makes me really nervous about regionals. Hells Bells. I am scared that this is going to hold me back... So here's the break down:

WOD:
2 RM Split Jerks
Completed 122x2 and 127x1 (HUGE PR!)
Pull ups 1rep plus 5#.

Woot Woot.

No comments:

Post a Comment