Monday, August 17, 2009

Livin on a Prayer!

My applesauce/almond butter pancakes. mmm
Whoa! I'm half way there! Oooooh! Livin on a prayer. That song has been in my head all day. You know, since today is DAY 15!! There has only been one slip up, which I am counting as a pseudo cheat and not starting back at day 1. I went to the Farmer's Market on Saturday morning, thinking I'd be a good fiancee and pick up ZachR some of his favorite things. While I was walking around, I was offered 1, yes 1, German Roasted Almond. I popped it in my mouth, bought 2 bags (since ZachR and I indulged during Summer Arts Festival and thought he'd be happy) and went on my way. When walking back to my car, I realized what I did. I was DEVESTATED. I can't believe I didn't even think about it. It was just 1 sample. 1 measly little almond. Ugh. I am not starting over at day 1 because of 1 almond, but I am not happy with myself.
Other than that it's been pretty good. I had a little meltdown the other day, though, because I am sick of cooking. I make breakfast every day and dinner most nights. By day 12, I didn't even want to heat anything up. I am getting over it, however. I would be cooking either way. Zach has been great; he even took me out to dinner last Friday. :) I kept reading people saying they were seeing all these results and full of energy and I was throwing the bullshit flag. That is until day 11. I don't know what it was about that day, but I was bursting at the seams. Work was great. The workout sucked, but I was cheery. It was a great turning point that I had been waiting on. O, I made ice cream last night too! It wasn't exactly the Ben & Jerry's fix I was needing, but it works. ZachR made us a roast last night...amazing.
That's all I really have. I have only been going 3x each week. I know that needs to get stepped up, but I just don't really want to wake up at 6 or workout on a Saturday when I am on my feet for most of the day at work. Excuses, I know...

No comments:

Post a Comment