Monday, August 3, 2009

30 Days


So it begins. ZachR and myself started the Paleo challenge this morning. I am over 13 hours in, and feel great. Ha. If only it stayed this easy. We for the last month, indulged in every sense of the word. We ate WAY too much ice cream and candy. We also went to Scribner, NE for a birthday party. There was sheet cake, homemade ice cream, and all the peanut M&M's one could ever want. It was lovely. I never thought I would look forward to eating a spinach salad. The hardest part for me is going to be not eating gum. I chew gum all the time. I ALWAYS have some in my purse. I pop gum when I am annoyed or bored. It is going to be difficult. I am really looking forward to the challenge, though. It will be fun. Zach and I have decided to try all kinds of different veggies and learn all sorts of new ways to cook the food we always eat.

It all started with a blog. We have both been addicted to Byers' blog. Last month, she posted the challenge. 30 days strict Paleo. Seemed easy enough, but there was planning that needed to go into it. We decided to wait before just jumping in. We learned all about what foods and things to just have on hand. We threw away all peanut butter and cheese. Then, we went to Whole Foods. We got all different kinds of veggies, dressings, and meat. I am excited to plan out meals for the week. Since I am in the process of leaving one of my jobs, I have a whole lot more time on my hands. There will be plenty of time for making beautiful, ornate dinners.

Keep your fingers crossed. I have no doubt that I can make it through; I am incredibly stubborn. However, I am nervous I am just going to slip, eat something without even thinking about it. We'll see. 29 1/2 days left.

No comments:

Post a Comment