Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Reconciliation

Us at Abby's Halloween party
So, apparently, I don't entirely hate dead lifts. I pulled more weight off the floor today than I have in the last year. They felt great. The toes pointed out really helped. I could have gone without the jokes made about my pink gloves or confidence evoking shirt. I still haven't gotten back to my 230 DL that I did late November of last year. However, I am much closer. My DL isn't getting lower anymore!!! I jumped from 226 to 240. I probably could have gotten 231, but wanted to go for broke. I am still not in the freaking 250 club, but I'll get there...at least by May of 2011. I might have gotten a new PR today had I been able to come more in the last month.

Anywho, the diet hasn't been anywhere near where it should be! I can't convince myself to stay strict with my diet. Luckily, I have ZachR who is with me for most meals of the day and can give me a stink eye when I grab any grains. My unsteady hours at work and busy schedule with school make it hard to plan out meals. I can do it, I just need to put my mind to it. I just need to get things in check before Thanksgiving and Christmas. On a much happier note, ZachR and I have a trip planned in February to head to Las Vegas! If that isn't motivation over the upcoming holiday season, I don't know what is. I cannot wait.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the DL progress! You'll have 250 way before May.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, the push-ups scheme seems to be working well enough. Let me know how it works out for you. Nice work on the DLs, you'll be pulling 250 in no time. I'm not sure if you take fish oil or not, but after what I learned today from the famous Dr. Barry Sears, everyone should. It seems almost foolish not to. If you take it, you won;t have to feel as guilty about diet slipping a bit. Makes it less stressful and quite healthy.

    ReplyDelete