Monday, November 30, 2009

7 to go...

Hook em Horns! UT plays UNL this weekend in the Big 12 Championship. Huck the Fuskers!

I have a new goal. Although my confidence is higher now than it has been in a long while, I still feel like my body can look better than it does. My new goal is to lose 7# by Jan 1 - maybe Dec 31 so I can enjoy my new body on NYE. There are many obvious problems in that dream weight of mine...but I am going to get there the healthiest way possible. My mindset, though, has always been to just eat less, and I'll lose more weight. I need to get over that - eating more good food will actually help me lose weight. 7# in a month is a lot. I have full confidence that I can do it. A lot of people doubted me when I said I would do Paleo for 30 days and I did that. I can lose 7#. I can.

My workouts have fallen to the wayside this last week because of my love. ZachR had surgery on Tuesday the 24 on his shoulder. Yes, this is the 2nd surgery in 1 year. It's great timing. The recovery is rough on both of us. While he was content on the couch for the first few days, I was going crazy with cabin fever. Now that I am worn out from being at his beck and call, he is getting antsy. We are figuring it out, but it's not easy. He's doing really well, though - even though they found more than expected when they were scopin him out. He's in great spirits, loves his painkillers, and our dear friends that invite us over for dinner. I think I am more worried than he is about him moving around. Thanks to those who have expressed concern for him.

I did get into the gym today, and turns out I might as well just have stayed home. I did "Baseline 3" which was AMRAP 20 min: 9 hang squat cleans, 15 24" box jumps, 21 situps. It was ugly. I fell twice. I didn't even get 5 rounds. UGLY. However, since my last post, I did get a PR on push jerk, push press, and full cleans at 120, 114, and 132 respectively. Getting a PR really helps boost the confidence and helps make me want to get back in the gym...as opposed to today.

No comments:

Post a Comment